It’s been a while since I actually updated about my DragonCon preparations, mostly because I’ve been so dang busy actually doing the preparations. I’m about 11 days away, but my 11 days is shortened to about 3 in reality, because I have to work 8 10 hour shifts between now and actually leaving. Who’s overwhelmed and panicking? This girl.
Here’s what I actually have left to do:
- Finish painting Jack and River’s guns.
- Finish River’s Nerf Steampunk Alpha Meson Blaster mod.
- Attempt to alter the hemline of River’s skirt.
- Purchase boots for River’s costume and holsters for both Jack and River.
- Style River’s wig.
- Make onigiri.
- Make two main dishes for bentos.
- Pack and freeze four bentos.
- Pack. (Funny cause I actually have to UNPACK from where I house sat for a friend for two weeks first so I can repack. Also, I probably need to buy a suitcase or two and potentially laundry.)
- Check the DragonCon app for updates and PRAY it did not lose all of my data like it did the last time it updated. Finish marking panels I want to attend.
- Blog about the Alpha Meson mod, final costume pics, and make-up design.
- Prep my scrapbooking stuff to take with me.
- Have a breakdown and cry.
And that’s it. No big deal right? OH GOD WHO AM I KIDDING?! I’LL NEVER GET DONE IN TIME. Oh, look! I can mark “Have a breakdown and cry.” off my list. I feel accomplished already.